Ryan Lowe press conference Tuesday on joining Argyle | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe press conference Tuesday on joining Argyle

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Penlee":kn77d00k said:
djg145":kn77d00k said:
I was getting tired of Chris Errington's constant questions on the distance from Bury and will his family be coming down.
Does he not listen to the answers given to his previous questions.

Yes very refreshing to listen to our new Manager :)

Agreed - he was like a dog with a bone. Mr Lowe even offered him the address of his new place so he could come round. :D
Quite. Itā€™s been an uplifting and impressive start by RL to bring a feel-good factor back in the wake of a relegation ā€“ and is such a contrast to our previous two dour managers ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. but he was clearly trying hard not to get irritated by repeated questions about his family ā€“ the initially genuine & warm smile turned a bit fixed and a ā€œFFS leave it!ā€ look in the eyes appeared. My first impression is of a very likeable and bright bloke ā€“ but not someone to get on the wrong side of.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
To be fair to CE he saw how much it affected Sheridans ability to do the job properly - of to see his wife and daughters straight from saturday and then straight from training on tuesday back up north! I thought Hallett said the new manager had to relocate lock stock and barrel. Do we ever learn?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
If it wasn't for Chris Errington there wouldn't have been any questions!

Simon Hallett clarified his relocation comments by saying the new manager needs to be in Plymouth six days a week and must be on the team coach travelling to away games.
For the last few seasons several players have stayed up north after away games and returned to Plymouth on Sunday evening, so I guess Lowe will do the same and he's already said his family will travel to Plymouth for home games.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":3utnjnvn said:
What the hell was Natalie Cornah's interview like on Spotlight? Ryan looked a bit non plussed when she asked him what he puts on his scone first, cream or jam and who his favourite Spice Girl was. Jesus, toe curling or what.

I disagree tbh. It was not a 'football' interview. I think it is good to see how your Manager handles unusual questions or non-football based questions.
He has personality, humour and a quick mind. So far, he is way ahead of the last two managers we had in regards to media ability, communication and 'approachability' so Well done Natalie (for me) :scarf:

Btw I think those questions came from fans/viewers on Twitter? :think:

May 21, 2015
Martin Thomas":mk940s8h said:
katkin":mk940s8h said:
It would be interesting to know if hes moved/moving his family down with him
RL's family arrangements really are none of our business are they. Let's all just focus on our team, style of play and results :scarf:

I agree. Also thought CE didn't need to rephrase the question over and over, you could tell RL was getting a little tired of it, but he still handled it well. I like Errington but he didn't come across well there. Also not a great way to build a rapport with the new gaffer on your first meet!
Regardless though, really like the way RL spoke, super excited for the season and hope we don't have to wait too long for the team to get his methods on board.
COYG!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Lowe on this season's budget - "It's very good. I won't disclose it but we are happy"

That's refreshing to hear, and frankly a lot better than the answers Adams used to give, which always seemed to about us having to overachieve etc.

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Cobi Budge":1hlle4h0 said:
Lowe on this season's budget - "It's very good. I won't disclose it but we are happy"

That's refreshing to hear, and frankly a lot better than the answers Adams used to give, which always seemed to about us having to overachieve etc.

Pure speculation, Cobi (much the same as most of us on here ;) ) but is it possible that Simon Hallett's budget is more generous than the ones set by James Brent? If that is the case then Derek Adams' 'less than impressed' approach and Ryan Lowe's 'I'm happy with that' could be equally valid.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Mark58":3epz933l said:
Cobi Budge":3epz933l said:

Pure speculation, Cobi (much the same as most of us on here ;) ) but is it possible that Simon Hallett's budget is more generous than the ones set by James Brent? If that is the case then Derek Adams' 'less than impressed' approach and Ryan Lowe's 'I'm happy with that' could be equally valid.

Yeah you're probably bang on the money.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
The-Pilgrim":341t2u77 said:
Argyle-sy":341t2u77 said:
Does anyone know if the press conference is going to be available to view online please ?.

Loving the sound of Ryan, I kept out of the whole will he/won't he in the lead up to his appointment, but I feel this is an incredibly positive appointment for both Argyle and Ryan, the first step in the right direction after last seasons disappointments.

Ryan Lowe's green and white army.

No idea how to do links on my phone but it's on YouTube!

Thanks buddy :).

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Never have I thought this before but Iā€™m actually happy with getting relegated in hindsight.

Weā€™ve drop in statue but grown massively now structure and positivity.

For the first time in a decade I feel like this club is going completely in the right direction with the right people in the right places and brilliant solid foundations being implemented.

In less than a week I also feel like we have a wow factor that has been missing for many seasons. Thereā€™s a vibe and a freshness to what we are after RLā€™s appointment and his positivity will play such a big role in our recruitment.

Literally canā€™t wait for the pre season to start :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What a shame Lowey and Carey missed each other though eh? :eh:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Good post, Tugs.

What is very easy to forget is that football changes so, so, so quickly. Itā€™s easy to get depressed about relegation, but itā€™s potentially a one season thing while the improvements put into place are benefitting the club over the next 10-20 years.

It really doesnā€™t feel like a long time ago that Luton were struggling in the Conference or Bournemouth were in League 2, and just over a year that we were looking realistically at promotion to the Championship.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Tugboat":3ddjlpz2 said:
Never have I thought this before but Iā€™m actually happy with getting relegated in hindsight.

Weā€™ve drop in statue but grown massively now structure and positivity.

For the first time in a decade I feel like this club is going completely in the right direction with the right people in the right places and brilliant solid foundations being implemented.

In less than a week I also feel like we have a wow factor that has been missing for many seasons. Thereā€™s a vibe and a freshness to what we are after RLā€™s appointment and his positivity will play such a big role in our recruitment.

Literally canā€™t wait for the pre season to start :scarf:

Canā€™t agree with that. You canā€™t look on relegation as in any way positive. Agreed, Adams needed to go so ideally other results would have gone Argyles way on the last day and they would have stayed up. Lowe would have been coming into a div one team and then we would really see what heā€™s made of. That said, the whole vibe around appointing him has given the club such a buzz that early season optimism is going to be high and I can see crowds being excellent from the start. Really hope Ryan hits the ground running and the momentum starts from day one of the season

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
All Ryan's press stuff has been very positive and he seems a natural in the media. Just a little niggle, he will need to give himself a cut off point at which he stops talking about 'what we did at Bury'. Itā€™s natural to want to highlight previous success, but it can soon get tiresome. Certainly, the players will only want to hear so much of it before it winds them up. I thought in his Spotlight interview when he said he would sign all the Bury players if he could, that it was a slip up. We know he didnā€™t mean it, but he said it! Apart from that, heā€™s made a great start and I canā€™t wait to see how he starts to put his team together. Might even watch preseason!