Ryan Lowe press conference Tuesday on joining Argyle | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe press conference Tuesday on joining Argyle

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
David Friio's mate":3mzhiotd said:
monkeywrench":3mzhiotd said:

A real shame Cowdery can't resist having a little pop at fans, even in an article that should be 100% positive. What an absolute tool of a man.

Lowe comes across brilliantly though - it should be an exciting season.

Indeed. What a silly way to start an article on a good bit of news. Internet experts indeed. No... fans who care enough to speculate and engage and ponder. Who take time to do so in busy lives. And who shell out their cash through a season to support him and the club. What a pathetic jibe.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Argyle-sy":cmcqbhqc said:
Does anyone know if the press conference is going to be available to view online please ?.

Loving the sound of Ryan, I kept out of the whole will he/won't he in the lead up to his appointment, but I feel this is an incredibly positive appointment for both Argyle and Ryan, the first step in the right direction after last seasons disappointments.

Ryan Lowe's green and white army.

No idea how to do links on my phone but it's on YouTube!

Oct 31, 2015
GTTB Resurgam":sarn2290 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_Wwznx7mQ

Thanks for posting

Who were the silent press who said nothing? Sounded like Chris Errington did all the questions.

Mar 8, 2016
Is Cowdrey the guy that does the twitter? Really refreshing to hear how Ryan Lowe comes across. Think we will need to be patient though as he’s got a lot of rebuilding to do, but I’m looking forward to seeing a new argyle team under new management and new ideas.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Martin Thomas":2mx8zdzk said:
katkin":2mx8zdzk said:
It would be interesting to know if hes moved/moving his family down with him
RL's family arrangements really are none of our business are they. Let's all just focus on our team, style of play and results :scarf:

Maybe not, but he got pressed on it during the press conference. He has a flat and he said his family will be here for 6 weeks in summer (school holidays). Decisions to come on whether the children move to Plymouth schools.

He said expect to see his family at home games and there are 16 games north of Birmingham

There is you tube coverage of press conference.

Mar 14, 2009
GTTB Resurgam":3bmpju6l said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_Wwznx7mQ

What I found with the video is Errington really did try and tackle Lowe on the relocation issue. About 3 different times he phrased the question regarding relocation to him and his family.

Lowe reply was spot on. He would like his family down here but they come first and if its not right for them they continue at the schools they are at.

Fingers crossed his family love Plymouth but I know myself personally its not easy to leave an area you love and good friends and start over again at that age they will be.

A 3 year contract shows commitment by both sides to make it work. I just hope the distance factor wont become an issue at some stage to de-rail what seems a bright, enthusiastic and confident man manager who reminds me of Holloway when he joined Argyle. His infectious rubbed off on the players and the fans and it was a brillant time. Unfortuately, I hope Lowe's stay doesnt end the way Holloways did.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Guiri Green":15bgrj2y said:
"It’s good that I have got players ringing me personally, saying that they want to come and play for Argyle. They know all about the club, the fan-base, everything else about it. They want to be a part of it, which is nice."

Good to read stuff like this. Makes me realise that when neutrally viewed from the outside, maybe Argyle are a bit special and that it's only our own Fans that like to run the Club down ;)

Previous managers have had a good stab at running the club down too.
Compare 'we're totally overacheiving'
to 'I want us to be in the championship asap'

Dec 13, 2004
So far so good after the effective dourness of John Sheridan and Derek Adams, Ryan Lowe has breezed in like a breath of fresh air hopefully he can help to push us up the leagues again, hopefully the football will improve.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
What the hell was Natalie Cornah's interview like on Spotlight? Ryan looked a bit non plussed when she asked him what he puts on his scone first, cream or jam and who his favourite Spice Girl was. Jesus, toe curling or what.

Dec 3, 2005
I was getting tired of Chris Errington's constant questions on the distance from Bury and will his family be coming down.
Does he not listen to the answers given to his previous questions.

Yes very refreshing to listen to our new Manager :)

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
djg145":2qjhjo18 said:
I was getting tired of Chris Errington's constant questions on the distance from Bury and will his family be coming down.
Does he not listen to the answers given to his previous questions.

Yes very refreshing to listen to our new Manager :)

Agreed - he was like a dog with a bone. Mr Lowe even offered him the address of his new place so he could come round. :D

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Came in to post that too!

Obviously Chris is excellent, but there were four or five questions in a row culminating in Ryan basically saying 'bloody hell mate, I'll give you my address if you're that interested!'

Would have liked to hear a tad more about his footballing plans and maybe what he thought of the new stand etc etc, though I guess there were plenty more journos in the room who could have asked other questions.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Metal_Green_Mickey":32m7x1mb said:
Unfortunately, I hope Lowe's stay doesn't end the way Holloways did.
The thing is MGM, if RL does go the way of Holloway it will be because he's been a success. One way or another, do well and he'll be gone, do sh1te and he'll be gone!

I am looking forward to the new season with renewed optimism and the positivity now coming out of Home Park is a breathe of fresh air. Let's enjoy the ride!