Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Army green":16p241fn said:
Sounds like a perfect job for Neil Warnock to me.

He already has a better job. Steve Gibson is generally known to be one of the best chairmen to work for.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sol Cambell and Phil Neville being mentioned now.

I'd still take them over Pulis. Actually I think I'd take anyone other than Pulis.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":1k41p5yr said:
Wednesday are defensively one of the better sides in terms of goals conceded. Itā€™s up at the other end thatā€™s the problem. Goals arenā€™t one of Pulisā€™ strengths. If it was Pulis Iā€™d back him, but like most Owls Iā€™d rather it wasnā€™t.

I think Argyle are safe in terms of the potential for losing Ryan Lowe as apparently our owner has been quoted as saying the new manager should have Championship experience. Most of us think though that he must have someone lined up as heā€™s fired Monk's entire staff, many of whom only joined in the summer!

I donā€™t think that a Pulis team have problems scoring goals, itā€™s that once they get one, they shut up shop and stop trying to get another.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":2eiryc7f said:

I'd still take them over Pulis. Actually I think I'd take anyone other than Pulis.

You trying to get Wednesday relegated? Iā€™d drive Pulis there myself if those two were the only other options. :crazy:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Relegation would be brief misery compared to the desert of dry humping from Pulis' awful binary football and martyrdom media drivel.
Terrible leader.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Gary_Wills":wtv3ydkf said:
relegation would be brief misery compared to the desert of dry humping from Pulis' awful binary football and martyrdom media drivel.
Terrible leader.

So youā€™re not a big fan, unlike some of the others on here. Thatā€™s the feeling I get from your post :funny:

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":s2tjasix said:

You do him an injustice, Ian.

At the time Pulis did what he could with the players he had and could get. He didn't have the likes of Mariner or Rafferty at his disposal, so he made us so difficult to beat. He transformed us from relegation fodder to mid-table with ease. His knowledge of the game was indisputable and he did not take risks.

The football was dire, but it had to be to avoid relegation, but he did what was necessary with the resources at his disposal.

Mind you, I am not saying Sol Campbell or Phil Neville would have done any better! I'm not sure anyone else would have bettered Pulis's time with us. He took us back to the bare bones, but left before he could bring in his own men.

Had he stayed, I suggest that he would have been just as successful as Ollie was.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Awful awful football Jim.

The only manager for years that made me decide not to renew my Season Ticket the season after.

Luckily for me, old Peter Coates came a calling.

Putrid football, Pulis and Kemp should not be allowed near any football club.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
A lot of guys here do Pullis a complete injustice..... it has become a Pasoti FACT that his teams played binary football which is totally wrong...I saw a lot of games both home and away and I well remember a fantastic win at Cardiff with some great attacking football.....plus he had a good eye for a signing what with Elliot Ward....who Argyle should have signed permanently....there you go...never got the boards backing .....

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
IJN":1e6cncs8 said:
Awful awful football Jim.

The only manager for years that made me decide not to renew my Season Ticket the season after.

Luckily for me, old Peter Coates came a calling.

Putrid football, Pulis and Kemp should not be allowed near any football club.

Four of us travelled to Leicester for a game under Pulis and stayed in the pub :D

He did the job though, credit where credits due.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oddball":3gnoqmht said:
A lot of guys here do Pullis a complete injustice..... it has become a Pasoti FACT that his teams played binary football which is totally wrong...I saw a lot of games both home and away and I well remember a fantastic win at Cardiff with some great attacking football.....plus he had a good eye for a signing what with Elliot Ward....who Argyle should have signed permanently....there you go...never got the boards backing .....

I think there was something like 20 games we played in under him that were either 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 or something like that. That's why it was called binary football Alan.

Absolutely dire.

As for the board's backing, I think we got into enough trouble owing Ā£21m don't you?

Jul 24, 2009
IJN":16yeiieu said:
oddball":16yeiieu said:

I think there was something like 20 games we played in under him that were either 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 or something like that. That's why it was called binary football Alan.

Absolutely dire.

As for the board's backing, I think we got into enough trouble owing Ā£21m don't you?
There's no doubt it was regularly 1.0, 0.1, 0.0. The football wasn't of the champagne variety. I'll maintain you can only deal with what you have inherited especially midseason and he played his pretty terrible appalling hand dealt by Bobby Williamson with skill. Would I have enjoyed it for another season? - probably not.

On the finances though never got the impression our financial issues from the Championship period were particularly due to Tony Pulis signings. If Tony Pulis had been given the same funds as Holloway / Sturrock II then I don't doubt he'd have spent it better.