Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed)

Jul 12, 2016
Emu":3t0x7v1s said:
I'd never trust the BBC online weather either!
Probably the most unreliable version out there
They rarely get it right in my experience. Mind you the
weather can change within a short distance.My son was stuck in London on Monday but eventually got a train to Reading and then changed to another train to reach Plymouth. People were wondering how they would fare when they went through Dawlish.The sea was flat calm!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
oldage":1srcjctn said:
Emu":1srcjctn said:
I'd never trust the BBC online weather either!
Probably the most unreliable version out there
They rarely get it right in my experience. Mind you the
weather can change within a short distance.My son was stuck in London on Monday but eventually got a train to Reading and then changed to another train to reach Plymouth. People were wondering how they would fare when they went through Dawlish.The sea was flat calm!

I am wondering how I am going to negotiate that passage on Saturday morning oldage! :lol:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
WoodfordWall":3p8668tu said:
Whoever called for the game to be called off now is a clown. Let’s wait and see what Saturday is like hey.

Not quite sure there's the need to call someone a clown.
Think there might be accusations of 'clown' thrown around if someone gets injured on Saturday morning setting off early from Crewe when the forecast had steadfastly said the conditions are going to be dangerous on Saturday.
But hey, if valuing human life over a football game makes me a clown so be it

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Whilst I know the topic has total relevance to that which is closest to our hearts I think that there is something marvellously British about three pages on an Argyle forum dedicated to a chat about the weather! :lol: I am seriously going to miss that aspect of my everyday life when I fly out to California next week to spend 10 days visiting an elderly relative. Getting up to dazzling sunshine every morning may seem like heaven but it certainly cuts down on small talk for us Brits. :lol:

More importantly, of course, I will miss the Cambridge game, so I hope I can somehow get access to iFollow on a temporary 'out of the UK' basis. Any tips for that, people? Thanks. :scarf:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
As an exile travelling tomorrow, given the weather forecast (torrential rain, 70mph winds all day) it would be handy to have a bit of steer from the club on their thoughts/planning for tomorrow.

Even its it's 'we foresee no problems, game to go ahead as normal'

or 'We are monitoring and will make an early decision'

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Stuart House":t1bqmop8 said:
As an exile travelling tomorrow, given the weather forecast (torrential rain, 70mph winds all day) it would be handy to have a bit of steer from the club on their thoughts/planning for tomorrow.

I agree

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Stuart House":2nju51b3 said:

Nothing on the Baggo as yet.

Weather in Plymouth currently dry with light winds.

I think the Man City game last weekend was cancelled due to concerns for safety rather than the pitch so presumably Argyle will have similar concerns.

"A Manchester City spokesperson said: Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today's match has been postponed."

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Well if 'official' advice is: do not go out do not travel unless absolutely necessary. We should postpone?
Asking people to travel from Crewe, Cornwall, Devon and back when officially they should be staying at home?? :think:

Sep 6, 2006
David_Fisher":2fogz0q4 said:
Stuart House":2fogz0q4 said:

Nothing on the Baggo as yet.

Weather in Plymouth currently dry with light winds.

I think the Man City game last weekend was cancelled due to concerns for safety rather than the pitch so presumably Argyle will have similar concerns.

"A Manchester City spokesperson said: Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today's match has been postponed."

The relevant point is however that the winds are not expected to be so strong tomorrow. So lets not make a drama out of it.

Aug 11, 2013
Think the game should (and will) be postponed. Is the loss of one member of the green army a risk worth taking?

Think there would be lots of questions if a group of supporters, say, were hit by a falling tree in Central Park.

Not to mention the game will be spoiled as a spectacle.

There's always another day ...

Edited to say we are now on Amber Alert:

"There is an increased likelihood of severely or extremely bad weather affecting people in the area concerned, which could potentially disrupt people's plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property.

May 16, 2016
I've just looked on the BBC Sports App and not seen any postponements in the Leagues yet. I thought the Weather was going to be worse up North.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Crewe team are travelling down this afternoon, their manager has mentioned the possibility of a postponement.

I guess the club are in the hands of the Safety Officer and waiting for his decision although there's no communication that the game might be in doubt.

Jun 27, 2019
Plymouth Albion's home game tomorrow has been postponed by the RFU. I personally think it's too early for that, but that decision is bound to put a little bit of pressure on Argyle to do the same.