Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
WoodsyGreen":3g72pr3t said:
Plymouth Albion's home game tomorrow has been postponed by the RFU. I personally think it's too early for that, but that decision is bound to put a little bit of pressure on Argyle to do the same.

Nothing to do with weather though. Just postponed due to lack of interest.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mark Pedlar":1g494zso said:
WoodsyGreen":1g494zso said:
Plymouth Albion's home game tomorrow has been postponed by the RFU. I personally think it's too early for that, but that decision is bound to put a little bit of pressure on Argyle to do the same.

Nothing to do with weather though. Just postponed due to lack of interest.

I think they checked all the match balls and they were all grotesquely misshapen.
They can't find a proper spherical ball anywhere so the game is postponed.
'It would be like trying to kick an egg around' a spokesman said. :sad:

Feb 17, 2017
It does seem like nearly every week there is a thread questioning whether a game will go ahead, the pitch is more than capable and aslong as the stadium does not suffer structural damage I do not see this being called off. If it Is called off people will still go about there business going to Asda and the shopping mall with no effect. I remember I think a game at fleetwood last year where the ball wouldn’t stay still on the corner spot and the corner flags horizontal, can’t see it being any worse than that in a protected stadium

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
The rain might be the big issue for the fans and for travelling. Anyone on the lower grandstand, get your best waterproof coat, hat and wellies on. It will be a miserable day to be sat down and I will be rather pleased to be in my own home tbh!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Finally .... from a club spokesman ....
"We are, of course, aware of the weather forecast for the weekend, and will continue to closely monitor conditions.
"There is no reason, at present, to suppose that that our top-of-the-table game against Crewe Alexandra is in jeopardy.
"If that changes, we will immediately inform supporters through the club’s communications channels, including the official website, http://www.pafc.co.uk.”

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Neilz5419":6dkyc3dk said:
It does seem like nearly every week there is a thread questioning whether a game will go ahead, the pitch is more than capable and aslong as the stadium does not suffer structural damage I do not see this being called off. If it Is called off people will still go about there business going to Asda and the shopping mall with no effect. I remember I think a game at fleetwood last year where the ball wouldn’t stay still on the corner spot and the corner flags horizontal, can’t see it being any worse than that in a protected stadium

But Asda don't say to you: 'You can only shop on Saturday between 3.00 - 5.00 and you must shop at the same time as 10,000 other customers.'

If official advice is that you are endangering yourself and, more importantly others, by going there at that time then Asda might say: 'Come tomorrow, we're open 6 hours!'.

Argyle can't say/do that. If they go ahead ignoring official advice, then do they hold any responsibility for 'luring' people out?

OK, call me a snowflake but I missed a fallen tree across the road by about ten minutes last week. I would have been a crushed snowflake. :sad:

Jun 27, 2019
mervyn":2i9u9516 said:
I think it should be cancelled for financial reasons. If there is an amber weather warning gates will be down 10-20%. Even after allowing for unavoidable cancellation costs, that’s a big revenue loss.

But the gate would also be reduced if it's played on a Tuesday night. I'm coming down tomorrow but wouldn't for a midweek game and I won't be alone in that.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Argyle are in a no win situation here. Postpone it today and there’d be meltdowns about not leaving it until the day to assess.

Postpone tomorrow and there will be a similar reaction from an equally vocal crowd asking why it wasn’t done today.

Similar thing happened when argyle tried to rectify the stadium damage prior to the Grimsby postponement. Fans went mad saying they should have called it much earlier but in reality they were always going to try and get it on.

I don’t think it’ll be off. The pitch will be fine and how often do games actually get postponed due to high winds? Obviously there’s the Man City game last week but I can’t think of any others of the top of my head. As someone said earlier that Fleetwood game last season was played in crazy conditions and I remember a game at Northampton five or six years ago played in similar too.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I can’t see the game going ahead.

The only decision left to make is when to call it off. Today by going off the forecast or wait until early tomorrow morning to see if it changes but risk having travellers already setting off.

Feb 17, 2017
After checking the met office website just now it seems at 3pm tomorrow there will be 32mph ssw winds.. that’s it. As we speak the winds are 22mph and it’s perfectly fine for be to be walking around, will hardly hit much worse tomorrow. It seems argyle with that statement seem to think the same and I fully expect the game to be on.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
My weather app says winds between 40 and 60 mph at kickoff

Steve Dean

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Neilz5419":ocm091kk said:
After checking the met office website just now it seems at 3pm tomorrow there will be 32mph ssw winds.. that’s it. As we speak the winds are 22mph and it’s perfectly fine for be to be walking around, will hardly hit much worse tomorrow. It seems argyle with that statement seem to think the same and I fully expect the game to be on.

Averaging 32 mph but gusting to 58, which I'd say is the more significant figure.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Pogleswoody":2bkz5awj said:
Well if 'official' advice is: do not go out do not travel unless absolutely necessary. We should postpone?
Asking people to travel from Crewe, Cornwall, Devon and back when officially they should be staying at home?? :think:

No one is making them do that. It is an individual choice whether to travel or not with the advice being not to. That is not a sufficient reason in league rules to postpone the match as it is capable of being played.

Aug 5, 2005
The storm is affecting the whole country. Currently there are zero games postponed tomorrow.

This includes down to the level of National League North and South and Highland and Lowland leagues