Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed)

Feb 17, 2017
Quizmike":38fbprzv said:
The storm is affecting the whole country. Currently there are zero games postponed tomorrow

Exactly there is yellow wind warning out on the whole country, yes we have an amber rain warning but the pitch is fine. Either every game in the league will be off or ours will be on if that’s the precedent to stop a game.

Jan 6, 2004
Current forecast is for winds gusting to 70mph - I think this probably presents a H&s risk and particularly given the issue with roof previously - if the forecast the same tomorrow morning the game will be postponed imo. I am driving down from Bristol for it but will leave it til last minute before travelling I think

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":27d3upn2 said:
Finally .... from a club spokesman ....
"We are, of course, aware of the weather forecast for the weekend, and will continue to closely monitor conditions.
"There is no reason, at present, to suppose that that our top-of-the-table game against Crewe Alexandra is in jeopardy.
"If that changes, we will immediately inform supporters through the club’s communications channels, including the official website, http://www.pafc.co.uk.”

Can't see this anywhere - link please.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
David_Fisher":ypfkhcye said:
PL2 3DQ":ypfkhcye said:
Finally .... from a club spokesman ....
"We are, of course, aware of the weather forecast for the weekend, and will continue to closely monitor conditions.
"There is no reason, at present, to suppose that that our top-of-the-table game against Crewe Alexandra is in jeopardy.
"If that changes, we will immediately inform supporters through the club’s communications channels, including the official website, http://www.pafc.co.uk.”

Can't see this anywhere - link please.
Herald Link

Aug 2, 2016
mervyn":3r2ampt8 said:
I think it should be cancelled for financial reasons. If there is an amber weather warning gates will be down 10-20%. Even after allowing for unavoidable cancellation costs, that’s a big revenue loss.

Actually I don’t think that’s true. Tuesday games are typically 15-20% lower than equivalent Saturday games.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Forest of Dean Green":2x3flrap said:
The rain might be the big issue for the fans and for travelling. Anyone on the lower grandstand, get your best waterproof coat, hat and wellies on. It will be a miserable day to be sat down and I will be rather pleased to be in my own home tbh!
Just arrived in the Forest of Dean for a week, what a lovely part of the world.
Can't make tomorrow but a car full ready for Macclesfield on Tuesday.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Olaf":1o0w2wh8 said:
mervyn":1o0w2wh8 said:
I think it should be cancelled for financial reasons. If there is an amber weather warning gates will be down 10-20%. Even after allowing for unavoidable cancellation costs, that’s a big revenue loss.

Actually I don’t think that’s true. Tuesday games are typically 15-20% lower than equivalent Saturday games.

We had 11,500 for the home game against Salford at the beginning of the season on a Tuesday night. Our biggest crowd of the season until Swindon I think.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
metroace":1n94300c said:
Pogleswoody":1n94300c said:
Well if 'official' advice is: do not go out do not travel unless absolutely necessary. We should postpone?
Asking people to travel from Crewe, Cornwall, Devon and back when officially they should be staying at home?? :think:

No one is making them do that. It is an individual choice whether to travel or not with the advice being not to. That is not a sufficient reason in league rules to postpone the match as it is capable of being played.

Exactly. Of the 200 or so Crewe fans who would have intended to travel, they have their own decision to make. Nobody is making them travel. Ditto the Argyle fans who don’t live in Plymouth. Unless the Police shut the A38 to normal vehicles tomorrow, I will be there and just hope it’s not postponed at the last minute like the Grimsby game. By the way, I don’t think the club deserved any criticism for that late postponement. They did their best to get the matter sorted.

If the winds get too strong half an hour after kick off and the game is abandoned, again that’s up to the individual to consider that possibility and make a decision tomorrow on whether to travel. Anyone who thinks the game should have been called off today has become a victim of the excessive H & S culture that now afflicts this country in much the same way as the PC culture does. Worse things happen at sea. Many of us know that from this part of the world!

In the event the game goes ahead and it’s a bit windy, surely our football style and Crewe's will be more suited to the conditions than some of the ale house teams in L2. Maybe we will see another Sarce screamer, or you never know even one from Danny Mayor! WAAAW :scarf:

May 28, 2019
Devongreenowl":3sp8invu said:
Olaf":3sp8invu said:
mervyn":3sp8invu said:

We had 11,500 for the home game against Salford at the beginning of the season on a Tuesday night. Our biggest crowd of the season until Swindon I think.
that was because of plastic man united fans , and the hype manufactured around the fixture, by argyles hype team ,oops i mean media team, and the local rag ..

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
jerryatricjanner":2zqnl3gh said:
Forest of Dean Green":2zqnl3gh said:
The rain might be the big issue for the fans and for travelling. Anyone on the lower grandstand, get your best waterproof coat, hat and wellies on. It will be a miserable day to be sat down and I will be rather pleased to be in my own home tbh!
Just arrived in the Forest of Dean for a week, what a lovely part of the world.
Can't make tomorrow but a car full ready for Macclesfield on Tuesday.

It is indeed a lovely place. If the wind and rain don’t stop you, try and get out into the Wye valley. The Dordogne of the UK

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
When the Grimsby game was called off Radio Devon did not anounce it for nearly an hour after, which meant we travelled for an hour longer than we needed to from North Devon. :furious:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Having driven down from the dark side, I actually parked up in North Prospect, ate my packed lunch, read the paper (Times of course). It was only when I got out of the car that I realised it was quieter than usual, checked Sky sports to find the game was off! :facepalm:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Clem":3m1blzb9 said:
When the Grimsby game was called off Radio Devon did not anounce it for nearly an hour after, which meant we travelled for an hour longer than we needed to from North Devon. :furious:

That's because it's not Exeter City.

I'd recommend setting alerts on Twitter for the Argyle account (I'd you use Twitter of course)