While Plymouth sleeps... | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

While Plymouth sleeps...

Apr 15, 2008
London
IJN":3hp7mgqf said:
It implies it's THE best Ocean City. Love the strapline, always have, and those that say that Plymouth Sound 'isn't the ocean' don't know what they're talking about.

Peter Jones may have made a mistake bringing bottle green to Argyle, but he deserves full praise for this one.

Yes, Plymouth Hoe is by far the best ocean view in the whole of Great Britain.

I'm proud of our club and fans. I don't wish away my life wanting to be Premier League or championship strugglers under a mountain of debt. The last 4 or 5 home games are as much fun as any in the 20 years I have been supporting Argyle.

olive green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 3, 2004
Liverpool
Balham_Green":83wbw4bm said:
Old Gunner":83wbw4bm said:
foreigner":83wbw4bm said:
Biggs":83wbw4bm said:
I actually think the slogan is really, really good.

‘Positively Plymouth’ and ‘Spirit of Discovery’ are completely generic and don’t tell you anything about the actual place. Britain’s Ocean City is specific, descriptive and conjures appealing mental images to tourists and investors.

Correct as well, because whether you think of Plymouth on the English Channel or not, it’s still the Atlantic Ocean.

Yes, but the slogan is " Britain's Ocean City", implying it is the only one, when it obviously isn't.

It is the only British City to face the Atlantic Ocean. It is indeed Britain's Ocean City...be proud of it, I am, and I'm a born and bred Londoner.

What about Truro?
And St David’s...

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Kentishgreen":2sps01yq said:
I think Falmouth has a slightly better claim than Truro. Actually being on the coast is a slight advantage!

Being a city would be a bigger advantage :funny:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Celtic Sea
Part of the Atlantic Ocean south of Ireland, and west of the Bristol Channel, English Channel and Bay of Biscay over the continental shelf.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Now a new Chief Executive with impressive CV. Perhaps, Plymouth is waking up.
Recent developments off the field are a cause for optimism.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Just be proud of Plymouth and its history...I've been in Devon 8 years and have watched the City change, for the better, in that time. I was watching them lower the bronze statue (Messenger) outside the Theatre Royal today...what a magnificent statue it is and I think appropriate for the vibrant energetic City Plymouth is becoming. Just need to sort out the Civic Centre now...what a mess.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Old Gunner":1u80rf8u said:
Just be proud of Plymouth and its history...I've been in Devon 8 years and have watched the City change, for the better, in that time. I was watching them lower the bronze statue (Messenger) outside the Theatre Royal today...what a magnificent statue it is and I think appropriate for the vibrant energetic City Plymouth is becoming. Just need to sort out the Civic Centre now...what a mess.

Amen to that. That statue looks absolutely fantastic, I think.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Yeah the ‘messenger’ looks amazing to
be fair..

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Old Gunner":3dte56g4 said:
foreigner":3dte56g4 said:
Biggs":3dte56g4 said:
I actually think the slogan is really, really good.

‘Positively Plymouth’ and ‘Spirit of Discovery’ are completely generic and don’t tell you anything about the actual place. Britain’s Ocean City is specific, descriptive and conjures appealing mental images to tourists and investors.

Correct as well, because whether you think of Plymouth on the English Channel or not, it’s still the Atlantic Ocean.

Yes, but the slogan is " Britain's Ocean City", implying it is the only one, when it obviously isn't.

It is the only British City to face the Atlantic Ocean. It is indeed Britain's Ocean City...be proud of it, I am, and I'm a born and bred Londoner.

Truro is a city...so what's that facing.