Norwich City post-match round up | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norwich City post-match round up

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Just watched the game back again and the yellow cards are weird Millar caught in the face, knee in the back of Matty, Houghton hit late.. nothing. Touch a Norwich player or speak then yellow for us... Whoever is putting a smile on the refs wife face can you stop until the end of the season. No not blaming the result on that but it is truely bizzare.

Last edited:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Worth noting the Norwich managers thoughts on the BBC. Especially those who didn't think we were in it.

"Then we have to be honest, Gunny (Angus Gunn) made some unbelievable saves and he has to be my player of the match today because he kept us in very important moments in the game"

Maybe we weren't that bad after all. I'd rather take his word than others.
Great.
When we get relegated I'll spend the summer looking at my scrap book of comments of faint praise by opposition managers.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Just watched the game back again and the yellow cards are weird Millar caught in the face, knee in the back of Matty, Houghton hit late.. nothing. Touch a Norwich player or speak then yellow for us... Whoever is putting a smile on the refs wife face can you stop until the end of the season. No not blaming the result on that but it is truely bizzare.
I don't think Barnes even saw Miller. I can't remember the Houghton one. The ref missed or didn't deem the knee worthy of a yellow but 5 minutes later when Sorinola exacted revenge with a knee in the back of the same player the referee didn't book him either, probably thinking they were quits. Sorinola's mistake was committing another foul soon after being let off with his own knee in the back.

Reactions: Mexijan1
Sep 3, 2009
Came out of the ground feeling a bit frustrated yesterday - which was a weird positive, as I was feeling almost resigned at kick-off.

We gave a good account of ourselves and had enough moments - against a top 6 side in front of a full house and on a great run - to make a claim that we deserved a draw and possibly the win.

We should have taken at least one of the chances on offer to get to 2-0, or back on par when 2-1 down. Conceding 2 from corners is frustrating. Sargent shouldn’t have that space for their first.

The problem is that it’s not the away form that is worrying but how we are performing at home, so it’s all about Monday. We so desperately need a home win for a number of reasons.

You could see how much it still means to the players at the end.

Kudos for 1,500 making it. I went from London and that took over 4 hours by road, so must have been horrendous for those coming from the west.

Shame that one of the blokes in front didn’t bother to watch the game and just spent the entire first half semi-incoherently lobbing c-bombs at the home end. Genuinely don’t see the point. My kids just looked confused. Piece of meat with eyes.

If forced to say, I still think we’ll stay up. We’re a striker in form’s width of comfortably winning some of these games.

COYG.

Jan 11, 2017
Onto Bristol City…. More of the same but can someone gamble and get into the 6 yard box?? Doesn’t have to be Hardie as yesterday he shot ir crossed and Alfie was 10 yards away

Reactions: IvyG

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Came out of the ground feeling a bit frustrated yesterday - which was a weird positive, as I was feeling almost resigned at kick-off.

We gave a good account of ourselves and had enough moments - against a top 6 side in front of a full house and on a great run - to make a claim that we deserved a draw and possibly the win.

We should have taken at least one of the chances on offer to get to 2-0, or back on par when 2-1 down. Conceding 2 from corners is frustrating. Sargent shouldn’t have that space for their first.

The problem is that it’s not the away form that is worrying but how we are performing at home, so it’s all about Monday. We so desperately need a home win for a number of reasons.

You could see how much it still means to the players at the end.

Kudos for 1,500 making it. I went from London and that took over 4 hours by road, so must have been horrendous for those coming from the west.

Shame that one of the blokes in front didn’t bother to watch the game and just spent the entire first half semi-incoherently lobbing c-bombs at the home end. Genuinely don’t see the point. My kids just looked confused. Piece of meat with eyes.

If forced to say, I still think we’ll stay up. We’re a striker in form’s width of comfortably winning some of these games.

COYG.
That’s pretty much exactly how I felt, before during and after.

Away from the game I was really impressed at Norwich and the locals we met, nice city, great pub beforehand, the stewards all really nice and chatty and loved the ground itself. Proper football ground that and an illustration how desperately I want to stay in this league. I’ve always had a weird soft spot for Norwich, seems to be a place that we have a lot in common with. Nice part of the country, an outpost and quite easy going sort of vibe around the place. I liked it a lot.

We also had a bloke and his lad giving w@nker signs (and worse) to four random Norwich fans to our left. Didn’t stop once. All game. Really bizarre

May 16, 2016
I think that Guiri was making the point that the perspective of the opposing manager provided an interesting balance to some of the negativity being expressed on here.
I was, but it's the norm these days. As soon as we conceded the first goal,the mood swings and how we we're playing became irrelevant and.......well, we all know what comes next.

To be honest it's all getting a bit too predicable, repetitive and worst of all, tiring and seriously considered not worth it anymore.

I recall the massive split in opinion that Derek Adams caused, but regardless of what was said in the online kindergartens, it never really spilled out into the 'famous green army' shouting for him to go until the very end when even the players gave up. Back then the onus was on supporting the lads regardless. Now it just seems to be about being proved right all the time.

Egos basically.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I don't think Barnes even saw Miller. I can't remember the Houghton one. The ref missed or didn't deem the knee worthy of a yellow but 5 minutes later when Sorinola exacted revenge with a knee in the back of the same player the referee didn't book him either, probably thinking they were quits. Sorinola's mistake was committing another foul soon after being let off with his own knee in the back.
I thought the knee on Matty was a shocking challenge, deliberate and premeditated and worthy of a red card but I haven’t watched it back so perhaps I over reacted. Re Barnes, he knew exactly what he was doing and what he could get away with.