wimbledon away | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

wimbledon away

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
spowell92":2bnjcrhx said:
Oddball, Wimbledon's ground holds 4800 and they averaged 4000 last season. There isn't any room to open up extra seats to the GA without kicking out their own supporters. It WILL be a sell out crowd, home end and, most likely, away.

I suppose you could say that leaves an average of 800 seats left unsold per game. Don't know how they segregate but I'd imagine they sold more tickets through Liverpool last season with little problem.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Knarf Reprah":1ppemshh said:
NLM FC":1ppemshh said:
Went up this afternoon and got 13 tickets!!
i thought it was members only? How on earth did you get 13 tickets? That's ridiculous

Agreed, as there will be a challenge getting tickets on general sale, it seems frustrating that the 1 member, 1 ticket policy can be got round?

Interested to find out the reasoning behind how you got them...

COYG

Mar 18, 2006
twist of lime":2rbdt6u6 said:
Knarf Reprah":2rbdt6u6 said:
NLM FC":2rbdt6u6 said:
i thought it was members only? How on earth did you get 13 tickets? That's ridiculous

Agreed, as there will be a challenge getting tickets on general sale, it seems frustrating that the 1 member, 1 ticket policy can be got round?

Interested to find out the reasoning behind how you got them...

COYG

Maybe all 13 were members and he had their membership details . Other than that he is winding you up .

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Knarf Reprah":3qdtg00u said:
NLM FC":3qdtg00u said:

I would guess the chap got them in the same way I got my four-by having with him the names and membership numbers of 13 members. When I went up, the ticket office checked each membership to make sure it was kosher

Not rocket science really, no conspiracy going on.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Ade the green":3667syka said:
spowell92":3667syka said:
Oddball, Wimbledon's ground holds 4800 and they averaged 4000 last season. There isn't any room to open up extra seats to the GA without kicking out their own supporters. It WILL be a sell out crowd, home end and, most likely, away.

I suppose you could say that leaves an average of 800 seats left unsold per game. Don't know how they segregate but I'd imagine they sold more tickets through Liverpool last season with little problem.

Not sure what your point is Ade? Yes, but Argyle's away support is greater than say Morecambe's. If we turned up every week then their average would be higher, it will be a sell out. They sell out the home end nearly every week, because it's a modest ground that their financial hard times and Phoenix rise has seen them stuck in, they need a new larger venue in truth. The match vs Liverpool had about 13 more than when we last went. The segregation on the terrace is pretty much just some rails by memory, which can't really be adjust. So for the Liverpool game they clearly just squeezed a dozen or so extra bodies in the terrace. Having been in that previous record attendance crowd, I fail to even see how they squeezed those extra scousers in - it was absolutely packed!

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
Knarf Reprah":23bxvrx8 said:
NLM FC":23bxvrx8 said:

As people have said Frank all 13 were members and I had their details with me. Come on its not rocket science is it, you bill yourself as this incredibly intelligent person and then you post things like this

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
NLM FC":1updhvvx said:
Knarf Reprah":1updhvvx said:
NLM FC":1updhvvx said:

As people have said Frank all 13 were members and I had their details with me. Come on its not rocket science is it, you bill yourself as this incredibly intelligent person who is above most who post on here and then you post things like this

In fact Frank you've even commented on my Facebook picture of said tickets! !

Nov 13, 2010
Wiltshire
I can't see why a member buying tickets for 12 other members is an issue. Every member is entitled to a ticket if they want one. If each of those 12 members bought their own tickets, nobody would complain.
Unfortunately for non members, priority is given to members, I would think all clubs would do something like this.

Jul 25, 2015
Yup. get membership and buy for every tom dick and harry in sight, and shaft fellow fans who do not have the luxury (working hours) to be able to purchase season ticket.
Pay on the day you put more money into the club with the extra money ingate fees and the season tickets guys still look down their noses at us.
We've been subsidising you lot for years.
Enough is enough.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Realjanner, it's one per member. All current ticket holders for Wombles away are members, there's no way of scheming several tickets from one membership. One person could collect several tickets with the details of several (equal) members however. No shafting or whatever, just a bit of foresight and preparation. Don't spit your dummy out over it.