Brief Synopsis Northampton | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis Northampton

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Getting boring now guys

Oct 5, 2013
The shot Mayor had from 25 yards towards the Barn Park end first half was shifting like a rocket and accelerating as it went just past the top right corner, a truly pure strike and would have been a fabulous goal, but still memorable for me just for the purity of the strike. He has qualities that are genuinely amazing and I prefer to just enjoy them while we can.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
philevs":169p1j3c said:
The shot Mayor had from 25 yards towards the Barn Park end first half was shifting like a rocket and accelerating as it went just past the top right corner, a truly pure strike and would have been a fabulous goal, but still memorable for me just for the purity of the strike. He has qualities that are genuinely amazing and I prefer to just enjoy them while we can.

Hear, hear.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Shoenice":3n06hhf9 said:
Tugboat":3n06hhf9 said:
Getting boring now guys

And your posts about tweaking formation to some 3-4-5-2-4-5-3-2 are riveting :think:

I don’t harp on about the same thing time and time again. This mayor good/bad has been done.

Weapon

Aug 15, 2015
Tugboat":1d7y5a7l said:
Shoenice":1d7y5a7l said:
Tugboat":1d7y5a7l said:
Getting boring now guys

And your posts about tweaking formation to some 3-4-5-2-4-5-3-2 are riveting :think:

I don’t harp on about the same thing time and time again. This mayor good/bad has been done.

Weapon

You do actually.

You bring it up virtually every single game. What do you even know about your ridiculous 3-4-4-2-3-4-2 formation or whatever it is that you always suggest? As though you sit with a whiteboard and mark out how this grand plan works. Absolutely fanciful, fantasy league thinking. I'd expect that from a 12 year old. And I'm a weapon. Look in the mirror.

Jun 27, 2019
Shoenice":di7xcymv said:
Tugboat":di7xcymv said:
Shoenice":di7xcymv said:
Tugboat":di7xcymv said:
Getting boring now guys

Weapon

You do actually.

You bring it up virtually every single game. What do you even know about your ridiculous 3-4-4-2-3-4-2 formation or whatever it is that you always suggest? As though you sit with a whiteboard and mark out how this grand plan works. Absolutely fanciful, fantasy league thinking. I'd expect that from a 12 year old. And I'm a weapon. Look in the mirror.

What a charmer you are.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Shoenice":3if2adi6 said:
I haven't checked league tables but Bury will have been in League two for a fair few of those seasons, no doubt. Regardless, my point still stands that no Championship club decided to pick him up in his 20's and take a punt on him, whether he was in L2 or getting relegated from L1 with Bury. I don't think Bury have ever stayed in L1 for very long without going down.

He did play in the championship in his 20s and late teens for Preston and Sheffield Wednesday so someone did take a punt.

Aug 15, 2015
ngs01":5rme5l3q said:
Shoenice":5rme5l3q said:
I haven't checked league tables but Bury will have been in League two for a fair few of those seasons, no doubt. Regardless, my point still stands that no Championship club decided to pick him up in his 20's and take a punt on him, whether he was in L2 or getting relegated from L1 with Bury. I don't think Bury have ever stayed in L1 for very long without going down.

He did play in the championship in his 20s and late teens for Preston and Sheffield Wednesday so someone did take a punt.

Yes, you are right. I guess someone did take a punt. It seems he came through Preston's academy, didn't make it. Went to Sheffield Wednesday at one point, made 1 league start and 7 sub appearances and left. So you are right actually. However I meant something a bit more solid than a brief fling because if you look at his career as a whole, the only sign is that he hasn't made it at a higher level and was deemed not good enough. Even when he became the player he is today during his time at Bury, noone came in for him and he settled into becoming a L1/L2 player. Reading some of the posts on here, you'd think he was the next Said Benrahma. Just wanted to balance it out a bit.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Shoenice":19ywndd9 said:
ngs01":19ywndd9 said:
Shoenice":19ywndd9 said:

Yes, you are right. I guess someone did take a punt. It seems he came through Preston's academy, didn't make it. Went to Sheffield Wednesday at one point, made 1 league start and 7 sub appearances and left. So you are right actually. However I meant something a bit more solid than a brief fling because if you look at his career as a whole, the only sign is that he hasn't made it at a higher level and was deemed not good enough. Even when he became the player he is today during his time at Bury, noone came in for him and he settled into becoming a L1/L2 player. Reading some of the posts on here, you'd think he was the next Said Benrahma. Just wanted to balance it out a bit.

I'd consider coming through the youth and getting in to the 1st team is the 1st team manager taking a punt aswell, just my opinion but I get what your saying. I would say that no knowing much about the transfer dealings at bury how can we be sure that teams didnt come in for him from a higher level at the time but got rejected? I personally love watching him play and see why many others do. His end product could be better, for me it's frustrating because he can obviously do not because he doesn't have the ability.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
There are not many opposition players that I have remembered over many years of watching Argyle.
One such player, in the seventies, who I was always impressed with when he played for Wrexham was Micky Thomas.
Another was Kevin Davies when he played for Chesterfield in the mid nineties.
More recently, I was impressed with Danny Mayor when he played for Bury against us in February 2015. We lost 2-0 and I thought that he was a class above everyone on the pitch.
Needless to say, I was delighted when we signed him. Every time he receives the ball I know we are about to go forward and his ball control and ability to glide past defenders is so impressive. Like Graham Carey, he is exciting to watch and Danny is the type of player that, like Keith Curle suggests, I am very happy to pay to watch.
Personally, I believe he would have been comfortable playing in the Championship.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The kind of football fan who doesn't rate Mayor probably also didn't rate Steve McCall
'he didn't score? Oh he must've been crap then'

Jul 12, 2016
up_the_line":34aetdo9 said:
The kind of football fan who doesn't rate Mayor probably also didn't rate Steve McCall
I don't think any fan is suggesting that Mayor is carp.He is without doubt a talented footballer . The criticism being levied is because his mazey runs and trickery whilst good to watch often amount to very little. He is inclined to try to beat an opponent one more time than needed and lose us possession.
IMO he is a frustrating player to watch, He rarely lives up to the hype RL bestowed on him.

Jun 27, 2019
oldage":vlcd1jyy said:
up_the_line":vlcd1jyy said:
I don't think any fan is suggesting that Mayor is carp.He is without doubt a talented footballer . The criticism being levied is because his mazey runs and trickery whilst good to watch often amount to very little. He is inclined to try to beat an opponent one more time than needed and lose us possession.
IMO he is a frustrating player to watch, He rarely lives up to the hype RL bestowed on him.

As has been pointed out in here at least a couple thousand times since. It's gone way past the broken record stage.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think Mayor's lack of goals is the way he scores goals, both his goals for us have been to cut inside and fire away a right foot shot, in fact most of his attempts at scoring are exactly that.
He's not going to score a two yard tap in or a far post header. Once the opposition push him wider onto his left foot the goal scoring opportunity is gone.

His real worth to the team is assisting the assister! Drawing opposition players in, picking a pass to leave Cooper etc free to provide a cross or lay off for a goal.