Sarcevic moving on (15.07.20 - signs for Bolton, confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarcevic moving on (15.07.20 - signs for Bolton, confirmed)

Apr 5, 2008
Baffling descion.Unless some other league one club has offered him a better wage why would you leave Argyle and a chance to get promoted to the championship,to go and play in league 2 again.

Family reasons doesn’t add up either as they would be supportive of you playing in a higher league than back in league 2 again.

Not as if it’s a big country and hard to get around quickly.

I reckon Lowe told him he would be a bit player next season and Scarevic wouldn’t accept that,and decided to move on.

Mar 29, 2020
Do you really think we’ve got a good chance of getting promotion to the Championship.... Green Tint comes to mind... :crazy:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Good luck to Sarcevic wherever he goes in L2. I personally don’t think he’s a huge loss, because I think he’s a good L2 player. We need better than him if we are to compete in L1.

Aug 5, 2016
Kersie":3kual18n said:
Do you really think we’ve got a good chance of getting promotion to the Championship.... Green Tint comes to mind... :crazy:

Far stranger things have happened.

How many bigger clubs are there in League One?

If Lowe gets his recruitment right again we should be a good bet for top half. If we get in the playoffs, who knows from there.

Mar 29, 2020
Here we go....hard hat on....I reckon we are the 12th biggest club in League 1... :stir:

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
moles40":1tcy3php said:
Baffling descion.Unless some other league one club has offered him a better wage why would you leave Argyle and a chance to get promoted to the championship,to go and play in league 2 again.

Family reasons doesn’t add up either as they would be supportive of you playing in a higher league than back in league 2 again.

I reckon Lowe told him he would be a bit player next season and Scarevic wouldn’t accept that,and decided to move on.

If he goes to Salford he'll probably double his wage, and get to move home.

Footballers at this level sometimes can't afford to be ambitious - he's a long time retired and will likely never get a chance to earn "big" money again so needs to make hay while the sun shines. Any other approach would be irresponsible for someone with a family.

Good luck to him - he had a good final season but I found him incredibly frustrating most of the time. For someone who Lowe always said wasn't carrying any fat he seemed to be blowing out of his proverbial after ten minutes every game. He wasn't up to scratch physically or ability-wise last time we were in League 1 so it's hard to think he would be now.

Jul 6, 2005
moles40":12nrzuu4 said:

Yes, really baffling.

The only other time something as unbelievable as this has ever happened was when Shearer turned down Man. United (twice) to sign for Newcastle and just like Shearer, Sarcevic will never win the Premiership with Salford.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Kersie":v5qt3hvu said:

Let’s put it this way, IF it’s Salford he’d have a better chance of playing in the Championship in the 21/22 season with us than them! :wave:

Sep 2, 2008
Knibbsworth":1mb4zslq said:
Kersie":1mb4zslq said:

Far stranger things have happened.

How many bigger clubs are there in League One?

If Lowe gets his recruitment right again we should be a good bet for top half. If we get in the playoffs, who knows from there.

Thats what I'm putting my money on. I think with Lowe's contacts and having Dewsnip on board we're going to recruit really well. This virus and the impact it has had on players is also going to help. I'm looking forward to hopefully watching some decent football played by decent players. I also think Danny Mayor will shine even more in league 1. We have all the ingredients for a successful season. Simon and Jane have done a cracking job in getting the right manager, the right staff and the right structure for the club.

Its been a long while since I've been this eager to buy a season ticket and for the season to start.

Mar 29, 2020
Accrington
Rochdale
Wimbledon
Burton
Fleetwood
Wycombe
MK Dons
Lincoln
Gillingham
Blackpool
Shrewsbury
:twisted:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Glad to see we're still bigger than Sunderland and Ipswich at least. And the three that come down from the Championship.

Mar 29, 2020
We are massive.... we are so big....we can’t understand why no billionaire wants to buy us.... :sad: