Sheff United (A) 4th round, Millwall/Bristol (H) 5th Round | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheff United (A) 4th round, Millwall/Bristol (H) 5th Round

Aug 4, 2011
Think we’re getting well above our stations here. We’re a league 1 side with a league 2 defence who’ve not won an away league game all season. Sheffield United have million pound plus players. Defence isn’t their main issue, scoring goals is. If Huddersfield had fielded their first eleven we’d be out by now, we have little or no chance if Sheffield United play anything near their strongest team

Jul 12, 2016
Anything can happen in the FA cup which is part of it's appeal.
Argyle have nothing to lose while Sheffield will fear "a banana skin" Who would have given Crawley a win against Leeds?

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think anything on that Sheffield United forum is unreasonable - let's be honest, if we'd just drawn a team from 2 divisions below at home, followed by 2 teams from 1 division below also at home, there would be plenty of chat on here about us being in the quarter finals too.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Argyle's defence against any two from Mousset, Mcgoldrick, Sharp, Mcburnie, Burke and Brewster. What could possibly go wrong? Of course the Blunts fans are confident and justifiably so. They probably see the cup as a nice break from their diabolical form in the Prem in which they will hopefully take Derby's record from them :lol:

Aug 5, 2016
football-bet-data":3h6vi8ic said:
Think we’re getting well above our stations here. We’re a league 1 side with a league 2 defence who’ve not won an away league game all season. Sheffield United have million pound plus players. Defence isn’t their main issue, scoring goals is. If Huddersfield had fielded their first eleven we’d be out by now, we have little or no chance if Sheffield United play anything near their strongest team

Completely agree. Sheffield United know they will be fielding a strong team. On paper they are two divisions better than us and they should win.

There is no reason for us to expect anything here, other than a quiet confidence that IF we play well we COULD give them a bloody nose.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that a Huddersfield defender on loan at Welling last season managed to evade our defence and score within 5 minutes. We are going to have Premier League players and set pieces to worry about against Sheffield United.

Let them underestimate us, not the other way around.

Jun 27, 2019
If they knew how bad our defence was they'd be even more confident. Let's face it, we aren't a Derek Adams team anymore, we don't have the option of going up there and stifling the game. It will not be 0-0/0-1 to us.

Our best chance will be to outscore them, but with our defence that will be extremely difficult. Chris Wilder will watch videos of us and it'll take him all of 30 seconds to realise that we cannot defend balls pumped into our box. And when I say 'cannot defend' I mean CANNOT DEFEND.

We've only won two away games all season and that was against reserve teams in the cup. When we've travelled to play someone's first-team we haven't won a single match - and that includes League Two Leyton Orient and Cheltenham. Our away form is beyond pathetic.

We've got a shot, of course we have. It's the Cup and Sheff Utd can't buy a win. But if their fans knew the whole story I think they'd already be talking about who they'd prefer out of Millwall or Bristol City.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Any talk of 'Yorkshire arrogance' is pretty uncalled for too. I’m just wondering what most on here would have been saying if Argyle had got a home draw against a side from two leagues below instead. I’m sure there’d have been some so-called Janner arrogance then, if it had been say Torquay or Yeovil.

It is however a shame that the Green Army can’t travel because that would have been a good day out, with plenty of songs about the Blunts perilous position in the PL.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
At least we pulled the better of the three Sheffield clubs I suppose.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
IJN":2kaaesiv said:
Have a look at this!! :shock:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... raw.84321/

A) To see the Yorkshire arrogance and B) To show those people who complain about adverts that it could be far, far worse. :greensmile:

Am I missing something?
I didn’t think there was anything outrageous on there!
If I was a Blades fan I’d think it was a good draw! Their season has been dire but a home draw against league 1 opposition, that would be cause for a scintilla of optimism in my book!

May 16, 2016
They might well beat us, but I take comfort from the fact that beating a mid table L1 Club in the FA Cup during the COVID pandemic is as about as good as it will get for a Club seemingly on course for one of the worst Premier League records in the league's history.

Beating us will be the highlight of their season. I'd be more worried about that if I was a Blade.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
football-bet-data":3ipe4bx3 said:

But this is a cup game and both of our away wins this season have come in the FA Cup, one win against a Championship side and one against a team who were in the Championship last season.
There is no pressure on us, it's a free hit, the pressure is on Sheffield United to win.

The game will probably be live on FA Player or the red button.

Aug 24, 2009
This is a perfectly winnable game, I'm sure if you had asked Leeds or West Ham supporters before there games against Crawley and Stockport they would have been equally as conceited as Sheffield, Leeds were kicked off the park and West Ham were very lucky We have nothing to fear providing RL sets them up properly. Personally I am very confident, If Sheffield think it is already done then fantastic..Lowe goes on about respecting the opposition which in my view is one of our downfalls, They should respect us. COYG. ,

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Make no mistake about this, it's a tough draw. Forget that they are bottom and looking like Schalke in disguise. Forget that they have tough matches either side of our match. They have been thrown a lifeline to regain some respectability and they'll be up for it. They might even accept losses against Spurs and ManU to help focus themselves on us! And they definitely have the firepower to unsettle our sometimes agricultural defending.

Wilder's hope could well be that a good cup run might just persuade the chairman that he's worth another go at making them a surviving Premiership club. A long shot, possibly, but what else does he have to build on?

Aug 4, 2011
PL2 3DQ":2yl7v0ob said:
football-bet-data":2yl7v0ob said:

But this is a cup game and both of our away wins this season have come in the FA Cup, one win against a Championship side and one against a team who were in the Championship last season.
There is no pressure on us, it's a free hit, the pressure is on Sheffield United to win.

The game will probably be live on FA Player or the red button.
We beat Charlton’s reserve team and Huddersfield’s youth team (in games we were bookies favorites to win) but I take your point.

All the talk of Crawley, Newport, Stockport - they were all at home. IF we’d have been drawn at home I’d have been a bit more confident, but away from home not so.

You are right though, anything CAN happen, but this isn’t a “winnable” tie that people are making out. I’d imagine a score one not too dissimilar to the last time we played there would be the most likely outcome.