We are OFFICIALLY promoted! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are OFFICIALLY promoted!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Well done in particular to Simon Hallett.

He didn’t waste any time after the disaster of last season’s relegation in getting down to work to identify who he wanted to lead Argyle to an automatic return to League 1.

The appointment of Ryan Lowe and his Coaching Staff from Bury was a master stroke which gave us the best chance of a swift return.

I know there were many of here who saw this season as some sort consolidation period but fortunately, Simon Hallett was more ambitious and his plan was to get Argyle back up asap and it has been a success.

Onwards and upwards!

Jan 27, 2012
Superb. Not many months in the basement division this time. I hope Argyle never play there again.

Hopefully the club can thrive in League One next season and finally start reaching its potential. There are some big clubs in this division- Sunderland in particular.

With all the uncertainties over the future of League Two football, I feel that this is an important promotion.

Mar 14, 2009
Well done to the players, Lowe and his back room team and finally the chairman & boardroom team.

Everyone played a significant part.

Firstly, Simon Hallett. Thankyou. Without you, and of course Jane, there wouldn’t be a visionary Argyle. Your financial support has been truly magnificent. Yet it’s more your calming, supportive words l appreciate. We finally have a chairman who has a real connection between the boardroom and the fanbase.

The players have put in such a great effort. Especially when you consider the new style of play we have tried to implement this season. Every time we were soundly beaten we bounced back. That showed a real determination by the players. Especially as they stuck to the footballing principles that Lowe and his staff set out.

Finally Ryan Lowe. When you think about the style of football we played this season, compared to last, it was like chalk n cheese. So to get the majority of last seasons squad playing that style and to get promotion is a fantastic achievement. Personally, l thought the playoffs were a realistic aim because of the huge job he had to do to turn our club around after relegation. Not only playing a different style, but getting results at the same time is a remarkable achievement. Basically he has improved players. To me, that is what a good coach does.

This all feels strange. However, a promotion hasn’t happened many times in my lifetime so despite how we have achieved it under the current circumstances l do believe we have many good memories to look back on. Most of all, you now go to Argyle games knowing that whether you win, lose or draw your going to see Argyle give it a go in every game. I think as a fan, that’s an exciting philosophy for your team to have.

Congratulations to all connected with the club. :scarf:

Oct 31, 2015
Yyeeeaasss get in. :scarf:

Shame I'm.not celebrating in the Demport.

After last season's debacle at the end I am taking this with my arms held high.

Well done SH, RL and everyone involved at the club.

No wheres that beer :clap: :clap:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Bouncing back after a relegation at the first time of asking isn't easy, as evidenced by the fact Walsall & Scunthorpe aren't even near us.

Huge credit to Ryan Lowe and everyone else at the club.

Despite the fact we’ve gone up in strange circumstances and the future for football looks uncertain, I nevertheless feel much more confident about progress in league one than I did two years ago after the previous promotion. Everything about the club’s structure, management quality and stadium is geared for real progress. A great day.

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
Congratulations from a Pompey fan, missed playing you this year!