Exeter tickets (sold out) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter tickets (sold out)

Oct 12, 2015
IJN":3fqchi19 said:
A Greek tweeted a few moments ago that it has been declared a TV game, it might not be true but he seemed a half decent sort.

Bugger ...got me excited for moment there...appears not to be the case though, according to Sky website

Mar 14, 2009
Carlo":1wsg1hqp said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1wsg1hqp said:
Whatā€™s wrong with the current system?

Only one ticket was allocated per season ticket holder. Iā€™m sorry but if have invested a significant amount of money for a season ticket then you should be priority.

Iā€™m afraid with so many season ticket holders, l do sympathise if you couldnā€™t purchase an Exeter ticket (and your a season ticket holder). However, lm not sure itā€™s fair to start dividing season ticket holders in terms of priority. Iā€™d love to go to more away games but my job hours stop that. Which is why l have to pick n choose.

Iā€™m afraid this was the fairest way.

I donā€™t quite agree itā€™s the fairest way. As a previous poster he mentioned he hasnā€™t missed a game in 34 years so is clearly a season ticket holder but has missed the cut on this game. I agree season ticket holders should get priority, however those who attend more away games as well as being a season ticket holder should have first priority on games like this one. My opinion of course.

Well l think we will have to agree to disagree.

You see nobody had an advantage or an opportunity better than someone else. Although after saying this l do believe if you booked it on the internet rather than over the phone you have a better opportunity.

In this day and age we know everything is internet driven. So l do believe if your prepared you had a reasonable chance to get a ticket.

This idea about people who go to more away games doesnā€™t totally stack up. What about the Argyle season ticket fans who donā€™t live in Plymouth? Some of these away games might be closer to where they live. Why should they benefit just because they been to more away games because they are more accessible to them?

Iā€™d love to go to more away games. Yet sometimes you can get the time off. So the games on your doorstep are more manageable. Should l be punished for that?

Prioritising, the priority. Where it gonna end? Itā€™s not a perfect system. If we didnā€™t have such a poor allocation there wouldnā€™t be this issue. Yet thatā€™s league two for you.

Jul 12, 2004
MGM - what a ridiculous statement saying that it is easier for non Plymouth based season ticket supporters can get to away games. Yes it is but what about the all day trips that I, along with many others, undergo each season to get down to Plymouth. On Saturday I got home after 11pm and that is not unusual.

Your post has also alerted me to your lack of knowledge about the team. If you only go to home matches why do you feel able to write those long winded assessments on only half the evidence.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Bonzo":1f5wk5mi said:
It is clear that there will be Argyle season ticket holders who will be at Port Vale tomorrow and at Crawley on Tuesday. Indeed they probably go to most away matches. Yet they could not get a ticket yesterday.

It is also likely that there will be season ticket holders whose only away match is Exeter.

To me that is manifestly unfair. The club has a record of purchases and could easily give 24 hours priority to regular away season ticket holders.

It could be made clear in the t&cs that, for this match only, there is another layer of priority.

Spot on.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
For some reason all the website articles and Twitter feed from the club this season when announcing away ticket sale dates always state general sale dates first before further down the article mentioning the sale dates for season ticket holders.

It's odd, especially when for the Exeter game tickets were never going to reach general sale and sales go to season ticket holders first.

Aug 29, 2014
Im sorry i dont get all this boo hoo hoo i didnt get a ticket ! Boo hoo hoo i deserve one more i do X amount of away games than others . Part of the reason people buy season tickets is for the priority .We have all spent the same money we all get an even chance .

May 22, 2006
HertsPilgrim":14yu9d05 said:
IJN":14yu9d05 said:
A Greek tweeted a few moments ago that it has been declared a TV game, it might not be true but he seemed a half decent sort.

Bugger ...got me excited for moment there...appears not to be the case though, according to Sky website

As Postey said on the first page, itā€™s not a Saturday 3pm kick off, and therefore it could be on I follow.

Does anybody know for sure?

Mar 14, 2009
Bonzo":574apu28 said:
MGM - what a ridiculous statement saying that it is easier for non Plymouth based season ticket supporters can get to away games. Yes it is but what about the all day trips that I, along with many others, undergo each season to get down to Plymouth. On Saturday I got home after 11pm and that is not unusual.

Your post has also alerted me to your lack of knowledge about the team. If you only go to home matches why do you feel able to write those long winded assessments on only half the evidence.

Point 1. This what you said ā€œMGM - what a ridiculous statement saying that it is easier for non Plymouth based season ticket supporters can get to away games. Yes it isā€

Brilliant you tell me itā€™s a ridiculous statement but then you tell me the statement is correct.

If people are living in Bristol, for example, and beyond there is 2 hours off your journey for a start. Iā€™m sorry, but for these people that do the away games it is easier than people who live in Plymouth. Both financially and time constraints.

Now lm not saying itā€™s not good your dedication to come to Argyle for the home games from where you live but l donā€™t get why you should get priority over me. Our lives our different. Our jobs are different. Itā€™s great you can factor in loads of games. Financial and time constraints l canā€™t. Doesnā€™t mean l donā€™t want to. I live in Plymouth. For someone who doesnā€™t (and lives more northernly) they have an advantage over me for away games. I have the advantage over them for homes games. Someone will always be better off than someone else.

Point 2 - I do attend a handful of away games every season

Point 3 - You say l have no knowledge of the team. Instead of writing gibberish you should read what people write. If you donā€™t want to, then move on. Just for you though. I went to the Charlton away match in our first season back in league one under Adams. Think it was in a March of that season, not sure. Argyle lost 3-0. I ripped into Adams that day saying about our defensive issues under him, lack of pace in the team and lack of potency in attack. I got absolute pelters. Yet 13/14 months later mostly everyone wanted Adams sacked because of issues l had highlighted earlier.

So it really pees me off somewhat when clueless people like yourself just rip into someone and basically donā€™t know anything about that person. Yet l guess thatā€™s the internet for you. Keyboard warrior who makes inaccurate assumptions.

It just an opinion. I really donā€™t get why some like yourself gets so wound up. Especially over the length of somebody posting. Itā€™s a message board.

Jul 12, 2004
Oh dear we are a bit touchy aren't we. What actually winds me up is people making comments on games that they have not attended and I basically mentioned that. So your analysis might be great for home games but has dubious value for away games.

Will you be commenting about Port vale or Crawley?

Mar 14, 2009
Bonzo":1rs80yre said:
Oh dear we are a bit touchy aren't we. What actually winds me up is people making comments on games that they have not attended and I basically mentioned that. So your analysis might be great for home games but has dubious value for away games.

Will you be commenting about Port vale or Crawley?

Well l will be on the Exeter match.

Iā€™m not touchy at all. If your going to talk crap about someone then expect that person to defend himself.

Iā€™m allowed to make comments on games. If for example last season, Adams kept the same formation with one isolated forward and the stats showed we werenā€™t scoring enough goals away from home then after the match and we havenā€™t scored and you have listened to the game on radio why canā€™t you comment.

There are enough different stats outlets out there to also break the game down.

If l had said a certain player didnā€™t play well, after not seeing him then fair enough l get your point. Yet l normally focus on whatā€™s others have mentioned that are there. Or l highlight issues that the game has raised. Like we were weak in the air at the back under Adams, especially after Bradley, so if your conceding goals constantly from set pieces/crosses why canā€™t l raise it?

Not everyone can make the games. Does that mean they canā€™t comment on Argyle? There are some people who go to the games and lm not even sure they been watching the same game as me. Yet there opinion is just as valid.

I suppose if l watched Port Vale or Crawley on ifolllow that would be acceptable? Why canā€™t listening to the game on the Radio be enough?!

There is a great podcast out there called NOTTHETOP20. They have been to see various teams from the lower leagues. However, they donā€™t see each team, each game live every weekend. Yet they still comment and give from good analysis on games using various data. Now, that might not be your thing yet it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s wrong.

Anyhow, enjoyed the debate and hope you see a good win at Port Vale.

Dec 29, 2011
Cannot agree with MGM'S comments on exiled supporters havng it easier travel wise.I make the 450 mile round trip for every Argyle home game(app 17 hour day).I don't expect priority treatment but for the comment saying we have it easier please do not insult my intelligence .Also the comment about increased ticket allocations when we get out of league one is no guarantee.What about AFC Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers for a start

Mar 14, 2009
The Night Riveria":hrw0a6cp said:
Cannot agree with MGM'S comments on exiled supporters havng it easier travel wise.I make the 450 mile round trip for every Argyle home game(app 17 hour day).I don't expect priority treatment but for the comment saying we have it easier please do not insult my intelligence .Also the comment about increased ticket allocations when we get out of league one is no guarantee.What about AFC Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers for a start

I do believe you might have took what l said out of context. I never meant you had it ā€œeasyā€. What l was trying to explain from my comments is that there will be a number of away games which will be easier for you to go to, than myself.

If an Argyle fan is living for example in the midlands or more northerly location, then in league two this season with teams like Bradford, Port Vale, Walsall, Oldham, Scunthorpe, Mansfield, Crewe etc..... they will benefit from this a great deal because of the opportunities to see away more away games than someone like myself because of time and affordability.

For home travel, l get what your saying about travelling to HP but surely thatā€™s the benefit and a perk if you live in the same city as the football club. The clubs on my doorstep. However, when l go to places like the midlands/the north to watch my team l have to endure the travel hours and mileage like others who would be coming down to Plymouth.

My point is that people may do more travelling to watch Argyle. Yet that is a personal choice. A financial choice. Why should being a season ticket holder l then get penalised if lm financially unable to do more away games than another season ticket holder?

As for the grounds in league one.

Stadium of light, MK Dons, Ipswich, Coventry (St Andrewā€™s), Bolton are all a good size.

Then you have grounds like Fratton Park, Bloomfield Road, Keepmoat Stadium, London Road.

So my point was that whilst itā€™s not perfect, you will see larger grounds which can handle a larger volume of away fans.

Btw, you talk about Bristol Rovers. Iā€™ve never had an issue getting a ticket for that game up there if l wanted to go. And we always took a decent following. Maybe l was lucky though.

Dazzy3000

āœ… Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
pastiesforlife":1qw99u1v said:
HertsPilgrim":1qw99u1v said:
IJN":1qw99u1v said:

As Postey said on the first page, itā€™s not a Saturday 3pm kick off, and therefore it could be on I follow.

Yes, I contacted ifollow and got this response:

Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

This game will not be available to watch in the UK. Video match passes can only be offered for mid-week games in the UK.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
dazzy3000":3old603z said:
pastiesforlife":3old603z said:
HertsPilgrim":3old603z said:
IJN":3old603z said:

This game will not be available to watch in the UK. Video match passes can only be offered for mid-week games in the UK.

Were iFollow aware it's a 1PM kick-off?

Dazzy3000

āœ… Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
PL2 3DQ":3scxdtxu said:
dazzy3000":3scxdtxu said:
pastiesforlife":3scxdtxu said:
HertsPilgrim":3scxdtxu said:
IJN":3scxdtxu said:

Were iFollow aware it's a 1PM kick-off?

Oh god yeah.

Here was my original question:

With this one being a 1pm Saturday kick off, will there be the opportunity to purchase for video in UK?