Exeter tickets (sold out) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter tickets (sold out)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
It says that the hours between 14.45 - 17.15 are 'blocked' so, unless we have a 14 minute half-time break, the match will be
( partially) within the blocked hours.

May 1, 2011
PlymouthCasual":3enl6h5b said:
WoodsyGreen":3enl6h5b said:
TruroTerry":3enl6h5b said:
If you attend one Exeter game a season then you go on their Known Supporters list. I went to their home game against Milton Keynes last season - the return of Tisdale. It was a good day out on the train and insures that myself and a couple of mates have tickets :whistle: :scarf:

I'd rather not go than sit in with that lot. I physically wouldn't be able to control myself if we scored!

I was in the Stagecoach when Reid destroyed them and got his hat trick. I showed great discipline until the third went in and I finally cut loose. After a few murmurs and strange stares I retook my seat and saw out the rest of the game with no issue at all. Its not that bad I promise.

First 2 away games I went to at Exeter I remember being on the big bank with hundreds of Argyle fans, great times. Shilton's team won 3-2 on an exciting night.

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
The Night Riveria":1jhk86uo said:
Cannot agree with MGM'S comments on exiled supporters havng it easier travel wise.I make the 450 mile round trip for every Argyle home game(app 17 hour day).I don't expect priority treatment but for the comment saying we have it easier please do not insult my intelligence .Also the comment about increased ticket allocations when we get out of league one is no guarantee.What about AFC Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers for a start

Mr Riviera; you forgot to mention the time when you walked over 60 miles from Farnborough to Swindon after your Christmas dinner to watch Argyle at Swindon on Boxing Day; because I was in Plymouth at the time & unable to give you a lift. You walked all through the night. However, you did get a taxi back (if I remember rightly), which in my eyes makes you a lightweight :greensmile:

Of course Argyle got stuffed that day & were absolute garbage. If anyone deserves a ticket after not missing a match for 34 years it is most definitely you !!!!

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
PlymouthCasual":3mplho22 said:
And what about us who are in our 30's and haven't had the opportunity to attend for 60 years? Surely prioritizing older supporters is discriminatory against us younger folks? A points based system regardless of age, sex, race or creed is the only fair way to resolve issues like this.
The Official England Fans club do this. They call the points 'caps' and works simply like this:

1 'Cap' for a home game
2 'Caps' for an away game

Tickets go on sale to anyone with 'X' amount of Caps first for an allotted time.

If any are left over, then anyone with 'Y' amount of caps (fewer than those on 'X' amount)

Then again if any are left over then anyone with 'Z' amount gets offered them (people with fewer caps than 'X' or 'Y')

After that, I believe it then goes to a lottery.

While you couldn't do this for general sale tickets you could certainly do something similar to this for Season Ticket holders.

They scan your card at the gate/turnstile for a home game? 1 point.

Any away game you attend after that? 2 points.

It may even drive up sales of season tickets if people believe that the best way (although it already is) to get tickets for away games is to be a ST holder. It could also help if/when we draw another big team in the cup(s) or in this case local derbies. It may take a lot of admin initially but once the infrastructure is in place for it I'd imagine it would become easier to manage such a system.

I'm sure someone that is more savvy with these things could possibly think up a better way of doing it, but this could be a decent starting point.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Doesn't appear to be the same frenzy for the game at Port Vale today as only 600 or so tickets sold.

Ironic really as it's probably a far better "matchday experience" - nice big away end rather than crammed in like sardines at Sid James Park.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
InterYerMam":13xwncr7 said:
The Official England Fans club do this. They call the points 'caps' and works simply like this:

1 'Cap' for a home game

Tickets go on sale to anyone with 'X' amount of Caps first for an allotted time.

If any are left over, then anyone with 'Y' amount of caps (fewer than those on 'X' amount)

Then again if any are left over then anyone with 'Z' amount gets offered them (people with fewer caps than 'X' or 'Y')

While you couldn't do this for general sale tickets you could certainly do something similar to this for Season Ticket holders.

It may even drive up sales of season tickets if people believe that the best way (although it already is) to get tickets for away games is to be a ST holder. It could also help if/when we draw another big team in the cup(s) or in this case local derbies. It may take a lot of admin initially but once the infrastructure is in place for it I'd imagine it would become easier to manage such a system.

I'm sure someone that is more savvy with these things could possibly think up a better way of doing it, but this could be a decent starting point.

I find myself disagreeing with some of your detail. There has to be a massive benefit to those who pay up for the whole season of home matches in advance when you don’t know who your players are going to be or, in some seasons, who your manager will be.

Therefore season ticket holders would have to start the season on whatever points would be available for attending all home matches which in your system would mean that season ticket holders start the season on 23 points. Their ability to be at the head of the queue for away tickets would be greater at the start of the season but as the season wears on, unless they keep attending a healthy amount of away matches, then their ability to obtain tickets would wane.

But to be honest, how often does this become an issue? How many matches in an average season do we have fans clamouring for unavailable tickets? Then think of the cost of implementing and policing your system? We are not a wealthy club and we do not sell out away matches on more than a handful of occasions.

When I worked in London, I worked with a Chelsea fan and they have such a system. BUT they have a massive fan base and never get enough away tickets for the demand that they have. For Chelsea, this system is necessary. For us, it is not.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
metroace":2wufzzp3 said:
InterYerMam":2wufzzp3 said:

1 'Cap' for a home game

I find myself disagreeing with some of your detail. There has to be a massive benefit to those who pay up for the whole season of home matches in advance when you don’t know who your players are going to be or, in some seasons, who your manager will be.

Therefore season ticket holders would have to start the season on whatever points would be available for attending all home matches which in your system would mean that season ticket holders start the season on 23 points. Their ability to be at the head of the queue for away tickets would be greater at the start of the season but as the season wears on, unless they keep attending a healthy amount of away matches, then their ability to obtain tickets would wane.

But to be honest, how often does this become an issue? How many matches in an average season do we have fans clamouring for unavailable tickets? Then think of the cost of implementing and policing your system? We are not a wealthy club and we do not sell out away matches on more than a handful of occasions.

When I worked in London, I worked with a Chelsea fan and they have such a system. BUT they have a massive fan base and never get enough away tickets for the demand that they have. For Chelsea, this system is necessary. For us, it is not.
As I said, I'm sure someone may be able to think up a fairer/better way to do it than this. This was just a suggestion as to how to resolve the issue in the future.

I think we need it more in this league than we did in the last. The stadiums are generally smaller in this division making away ticket allocation less. The average ground capacity for all teams in this division is just 10,350 (which is boosted by four teams that have a capacity of 15k+ in Bradford, Carlisle, Port Vale and Swindon - it'll be further boosted when our redevelopment pushes us over 15k). The GA travel in their numbers as we all know so I don't see anything wrong with having something in place to reward the people who attend more games (via away matches).

The only problem that I can see is whether or not the majority of people who attend away games are ALL season ticket holders or if the majority that attend away games are those in 'exile' or are POTD'ers etc. Only Argyle will have the answer to that.

May 8, 2011
InterYerMam":30rikdjk said:
metroace":30rikdjk said:
InterYerMam":30rikdjk said:

1 'Cap' for a home game

As I said, I'm sure someone may be able to think up a fairer/better way to do it than this. This was just a suggestion as to how to resolve the issue in the future.

I think we need it more in this league than we did in the last. The stadiums are generally smaller in this division making away ticket allocation less. The average ground capacity for all teams in this division is just 10,350 (which is boosted by four teams that have a capacity of 15k+ in Bradford, Carlisle, Port Vale and Swindon - it'll be further boosted when our redevelopment pushes us over 15k). The GA travel in their numbers as we all know so I don't see anything wrong with having something in place to reward the people who attend more games (via away matches).

The only problem that I can see is whether or not the majority of people who attend away games are ALL season ticket holders or if the majority that attend away games are those in 'exile' or are POTD'ers etc. Only Argyle will have the answer to that.

The easy solution would be to introduce an away season ticket. A number of Clubs already do have them.
Argyle may not sell many but at least it would guarantee those that attend every away game a ticket for the ‘glamorous’ games.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
HC Green":1j7q2tmw said:
InterYerMam":1j7q2tmw said:
metroace":1j7q2tmw said:
InterYerMam":1j7q2tmw said:

1 'Cap' for a home game

The easy solution would be to introduce an away season ticket. A number of Clubs already do have them.
Argyle may not sell many but at least it would guarantee those that attend every away game a ticket for the ‘glamorous’ games.
I like the idea of an away season ticket if done correctly.

nigel harradence

✅ Evergreen
May 25, 2011
Plymouth
www.twitter.com
I messaged iFollow about the possibility of this game being available in the UK on iFollow and received the following reply :

Dear nigel,

Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

Unfortunately, this particular match has been picked up by our international broadcast partners.
Customers with an active iFollow subscription can listen to the live audio commentary of the blacked out games.

Please be advised match passes are not available as a purchase option for Premier League or National league broadcast matches.

Matches distributed by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners have match replay available at Noon BST the day after the live event with an active iFollow premium subscription, but no live video.

Latest blackout rules can be found on the broadcast schedule: http://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

The list of global territories and broadcast partners that Sky Bet EFL broadcasting rights in 2019/20: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-broadcasters/

Regards,

Wes, iFollow Support

Wes Romoli

As the match is being shown live somewhere around the world, it might be possible to pick up a stream somewhere.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
InterYerMam":3sjsm5uf said:
HC Green":3sjsm5uf said:
metroace":3sjsm5uf said:

1 'Cap' for a home game

I like the idea of an away season ticket if done correctly.

I'm wondering how it could be done incorrectly.

Away season ticket holders get first dibs before everyone else.

Aug 30, 2016
:scarf:
nobby c":rob7hru4 said:
Gutted to miss out on tickets this morning!
Rang ticket-line and got through at 0912 only to be told to ring back at 0915, tried dragging the call out for 3 minutes but no joy! As a result, put the phone down and rang constantly until finally getting through at 1032 to be told they had sold out.
Organised annual leave around the 26 October, so if anyone can not make the game, me and the Mrs would slap your hand off for 2 tickets!
Cheers
Nobby